When you shop from a locally owned businesses, you create a dramatic ripple effect. It starts with your own personal experience, and the benefits that you get from shopping at independent stores, like getting to rely on local retailers’ expertise. But the effects keep going. By shopping at local stores, you connect with your community. You strengthen your local economy. And finally, as the circle of ripples extends out, you help build better communities. Here’s what happens when you shop locally:
- Local shops sell great products at affordable prices. Some people get out of the habit of shopping locally and are then surprised by the range of products available.
- Shopping locally saves you time and money. You travel less, saving on time and fuel. Shopping locally retains your communities. People don’t like losing shops and services in small towns but don’t equate this with how they spend their money.
- Shopping locally retains your distinctiveness. Independent shops create distinctive shopping experiences and stock different products. Local businesses respond more quickly to the needs of local customers, stocking products to meet changing population needs.
- Shopping locally saves the environment. Local shops often stock a high percentage of locally sourced goods that do not require long-distance transportation, helping to reduce our global footprint.
- Local shops are for everyone. Most people can get to their local shops easily. This is especially important for the elderly, young people and others who rely on public transportation. Local shops value you more. Evidence from numerous surveys show people receive better customer care and service locally. These businesses survive by their reputation and repeat business, which means you get a higher standard of service.
- Shopping local saves services. Private and public sector services cluster around shops. As shops disappear so do hairdressers, banks, restaurants and other businesses. Consumers can pledge to Think, Shop, Buy, Local and commit to patronizing businesses near where they live and work.
Shopping, and buying local. in a global market. How does Stillhip bridge this gap and help local businesses succeed? At Stillhip a local business can list their products for free. When you shop at Stillhip, you have the ability to pick the area you wish to shop, pick the product you wish to buy and have it delivered to your door step, or the door step you wish to ship to. This in many instances will provide same day shipping for your convenience. You will also have the confidence and peace of mind knowing that you are supporting a local business by virtually shopping locally from anywhere in the world.